Welcome to the SCW Knowledge Base
Popular pages: Comparing TV Lines Bitrate Calculator NVR Storage Calculator Types Of Zoom
Below you will find our knowledge base, but if you're a beginner, we have prepared a video series that helps you understand the difference between products designed for different uses.
Buyer's Guide Video Series: Introduction to Choose your Path
The goal of the buyers guide video series is to help you to make informed decisions on your next purchase. Prefer watching the Buyer's Guide Video Series on Youtube? Watch here
- Step 1: Watch the below introduction video
- Step 2: Choose your path (tap consumer, business or enterprise class above)
Consumer Class: Wire Free Cameras
Welcome to consumer class security! Most homeowners prefer wire free to secure their property. In this video, we talk about your options, pro's & con's along with a few things you should know when shopping wire-free.
Business Class: Security Camera System Components
Welcome to business class security! In this 3 part video series, we talk you through:
- #1 Components of commercial-grade security camera systems
- #2 How commercial-grade security camera systems work
- #3 Purchasing advice
Business Class: How it Works
Business Class: Purchasing Advice
Enterprise Class: VSAAS and Cloud
Welcome to enterprise class security! In this video, we talk about the unique security needs of enterprise organizations. If you are looking for answers related to commercial grade hardware, be sure to click on 'Business class' above
- Why do people buy security cameras?
- How Many Cameras do I need
- Buy the Right Security Camera System for You
- Everything You Need To Know About Buying a Security Camera System
- Fixed lens vs varifocal
- Hard Drive Calculator
- Installation Guides
- What upload speed to remote view?
- Compatibility - will my cams work with your NVR?
- Specific Q/A
- Multi location viewing
Guides for Common CCTV Applications
Camera Resolution Questions
- What is the difference between 4MP and 4K?
- What camera do I need to identify a face at distance?
- Is 2K is not 2x 1080P?
- CIF vs D1 vs 960H vs HD
- What's better: optical zoom or digital zoom?
- What they don't tell you about "License Plate Cameras"
- Fisheye Dewarping: Hardware vs Software
- What are the differences between a dome camera and a ptz camera?
Wireless Vs Wired Systems
- What are the pros and cons of wifi security cameras?
- What is cloud based video surveillance?
- Wire-Free, Battery Powered Security Cameras : Pros and Cons
- Wire-Free Cameras have very low Processing Power and Compression: Not All 1080P Cameras are Created Equal
- What is the difference between true HDR, digital WDR, and true WDR?
- Spectrum Vision True WDR" substitutes a snappy term for actual info about the specs
- The Ethics Of Cameras In The Workplace
- Buying Guide and Best Practices: Improving Surveillance Footage at Night
- Why Can't I Find a Security Camera with a HDMI Connection?
- How do I hook up PTZ security via RS485 connection?
- How do I daisy chain a PTZ camera ?
- What is the difference between fixed and varifocal lenses?
- Should I use a dome or bullet camera?
- How Long Do Security Cameras Keep Footage?
- How much hard drive space do I need?
- Redundant Recording - Store Your Surveillance System's Recordings in a Second Location Automatically
- RAID for security camera systems
- In Camera Micro SD Card Storage, Great Feature but Not a Replacement for a NVR
- H.264, h.265 and the browser video codec patent wars
- When would I use motion sensors, glass break sensors, vs. windows open sensors?
- Apps, pin pads, and keyfobs: How do I disarm my SCW Shield Alarm?
- Where should I put carbon monoxide and smoke detectors?
- Where should I put my SCW Shield Motion Sensors?
- Z-Wave Home Automation Ideas and Functionality
Know Your RIghts
- What are my rights and responsibilities when recording audio?
- HIPAA Compliance and Security Cameras: Clearing Up the Confusion
- Can I use video surveillance in court?
- Do I need 90 days of surveillance footage for PCI compliance?
- State cannabis regulations about security camera systems