Self-Storage Security Challenges:
Security is paramount to what you do. Your clients are counting on you to not let anyone else access their stuff. Using SCW’s high definition security cameras, access control systems, and software can reduce security incidents, create peace of mind, and improve your reputation. The security of your facility is directly tied to your revenue.
Self Storage Facilities Operational Challenges:
A self-storage business is a complex operational environment and surveillance video isn't the only thing that needs to be seen at a glance. The facilities team needs to see surveillance video alongside a list of maintenance requests, while management needs to be able to see revenue and turnover.
Don't worry, we've got you covered. If it can be displayed on a computer screen or digital television, we can record it and display it on your viewing stations.
(A Storganize revenue and turnover dashboard is shown in the top right of this image, while a DoorLoop maintenance request feed is shown on the bottom left, but we can do this for any application interface).
Key Benefits for SCW Self-Storage Clients
Reduce Operational costs by using Remote Guards
Using our visual verification service will save you thousands, as compared to a 24/7 site manager
Watch your Perimeter
Long range cameras enable you to detect unwanted or unknown individuals before they cause an incident, as well as reduce truancy and vandalism. more info
Alert Passerby's to the Fact that their Being Watched
Active Deterrence cameras with lights or speakers will alert people that they are being recorded and observed.
Manage Employees from Afar
Be able to easily keep track of employee attendance with your access control audit logs and check in on employee productivity with security cameras
Improve Police Response Time
Improve response time by easily sharing concerning video with first responders with one click more info
Site Design and Install Services
Being off-site can be hard. You're not alone. Our team can help consult, design, plan, install, and maintain your system.
Restrict Access to Current Clients & Employees
Easy to use and touch-free mobile access for all fence or building entrances, keeps out the people who don't belong, and gives you an audit trail of who came and went. learn more
One Login for All Your Locations
Our cloud based platforms allow you to manage multiple location with one login while increasing your cyber security posture and making your security systems easier to manage.
Good security has multiple layers that solve different and usually escalating needs. Different incidents have different levels of risk and more severe threats should trigger multiple systems.
Gate Access Integration
- A fence and gate system are so important for outdoor self-storage that even though we aren't a fencing company, they are our first recommendation.
- Openpath access control door controllers can integrate with your motorized gate to allow 24/7 seamless, app-based access to only individuals who currently have a unit rented with your company.
- Bluetooth readers allow you to control access to sensitive areas and record video of who enters
Outdoor Storage Unit Security
- Outdoor units require constant video monitoring, as anyone can jump the fence and enter your property from any area. By placing cameras in these areas, and opting for professional monitoring or setting up a monitoring station yourself. you can reduce theft and vandalism, improve response times, and keep your reputation top notch.
- Cameras watching over the driveways allow you to get visual confirmation if someone is breaking into a unit, if someone has jumped the fence, or if two customers have conflicts with each other.
- These cameras also allow you to lower liability and improve brand perception by remotely inspect the facility for customer debris or potential hazardous situations like water, gas, or oil leaks.
- The red zones indicate the views of strategically placed fixed lens wide angle cameras.
- The green zones indicate the views of strategically placed varifocal zoom lens cameras.
- The yellow zones indicate the views of strategically placed PTZ (pan tilt zoom) cameras.
Indoor Unit Security and Access
- Electronic door locks and bluetooth readers allow you to control access to indoor facilities, just like you can with our gate example, allowing 24/7 seamless, app-based access to only individuals who currently have a unit rented with your company.
- Cameras inside the communal hallways allow you to get visual confirmation if someone is breaking in, if unauthorized access has been detected, or if two customers have conflicts with each other.
- These cameras also allow you to lower liability and improve brand perception by remotely inspect the facility for customer debris or potential hazardous situations like water leaks.
- The blue zones indicate the views of strategically placed fixed lens wide angle cameras.
- Cameras placed outdoors wherever your have points of entry (windows or doors) or other places people may loiter, allows you to be alerted to unwelcome individuals and unauthorized access.
- Door sensors for an alarm system are often used for the office area of the storage unit
- You may also wish to install electronic door locks and bluetooth readers on the doors to the office area. (not shown, would be in the same locations as the door sensors).
- The blue zones indicate the views of strategically places fixed lens wide angle cameras.
- Storage units often have highly efficient staffing solutions, which helps the industry be lean and profitable, but this also means that it becomes necessary to evaluate an employee performance remotely.
- Cameras placed throughout the retail office allow employers and business managers to check in on employees, without having to leave the corporate office
Network, Cyber, and Application Security
- Our platforms use encryption, inbound connection refusal, automatic software updates, and cloud-based management so your physical security devices are not compromising your cyber security initiatives.
- VPN, MFA, SOC/SIEM, and Endpoint management services also available.
Hardware and Software Solutions
These are the tools that you want to implement to secure your storage space.
Many self storage companies choose to layer on additional services to help with maintenance and operations.
Resources for Self Storage Companies
Self Storage security is a challenge--multiple buildings - some often without power, giant open spaces with multiple points of entry, multiple tenants who may have conflicts, and offices that need securing.
SCW makes it possible to bring all the moving parts together to run a well-oiled machine.
Here are some case studies, guides, and videos that help you make the right choice.Get in Touch
Case Study #1
KO Storage discussed how SCW helped them unify their security platform to streamline access for both on-site teams and corporate management.
All SCW camera are compliant with the National Defense Authorization Act. In this NDAA guide, we talk about what the NDAA regulations mean to the security industry.
Video: Roundtable Discussion
In this episode of "In the Trenches: Roundtable," we discuss the security threats and solutions for the self-storage industry.
We have the history and expertise your school district needs.
For Your IT Team
- Openpath Access Control System is a simple retrofit installation that is easily programmable and maintenance-free.
- SCW cameras are a single cable plug-and-play item that can stretch up tp 750 feet in you combine them with one of our extended transmission POE Switches.
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support. You don't have to do this.
- The Survail Platforms include one-on-one onboarding of devices, networks, and users, before we even ship it to you. There's no complicated setup process.
- The Survail Platform has integrated VLANs and VPNs which reduce network complexity and reduce the IT time spent on device management and securing remote access, when compared to on-premises NVR-based systems.
- The Survail and Openpath platforms Increase your company’s cybersecurity posture and decrease your cyber threat footprint, when compared to non-cloud, on premises systems.
- Every camera on one manufacturer-agnostic platform makes employee training infinitely simpler. The UI is so easy to use that other teams don't have to bother IT with every footage request.
- The ready availability of our on-call technical experts means total support for the life of your new system.
For Your General Managers
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support.
- Imagine no more need to stare at a screen of security cameras all day! Every camera in your system--without limit--is being analyzed to identify what matters to you most.
- SCW AI-powered analytics software does all the watching for you. The AI-Powered Analytics distinguish individuals and vehicles in an evolving, learning process.
- In less than a second, recognize a potential threat incident and notify pre-selected personnel and first responders by text message, email alert, or automatic phone call.
- All notifications are in real-time. No more valuable minutes are lost. Immediate alerts profoundly alter outcomes.
- Every camera can filter by person, vehicle, camera, date, or time, which means no more endless searching for pertinent footage.
- The AI-Analytics proactively eliminate false positive events and reduce your huge number of current email alerts.
For Self-Storage Owners and Investors
- The secure cloud-based Survail and Openpath platforms offer a lower total-cost-of-ownership by removing the requirements that your IT team worry about enabling and securing remote access to your on-premises hardware and network.
- SCW offers the benefits you want - a system that keeps your self-storage facility secure without further involvement on from management or constant budget expansions.
- Our professional-grade equipment is rugged and performance-driven. Our sophisticated technology is both simple to install and maintain.
- Each component comes with 3 to 5 year warranties and is backed by the support of our US-based technical staff for the lifetime of your security system.
- Our AI-Powered Analytics and easy to use reporting and retention tools mean that you won't have to hire additional staff to manage your system.
With A Modern
Invest In The Best
Your self-storage operation is vital. SCW can protect it with money-saving time and benefits. And you will love our US-based technical support. It comes FREE. Forever. Our promise of world-class customer service and technical support is central to providing you with the best security available, anywhere.