Restaurant Security Challenges:
Restauranteurs needs to reduces shrink, improves customer service, fact checking employee customer interactions, reduce HR complaints, and streamlines operations. This can be challenging as the steaks (!) are high and the pace is quick - and most of this needs to be done remotely, for hundreds of locations.
Key Benefits for SCW Restaurants
Reduce the rate that inventory walking away or drinks being over poured. Having cameras viewing areas with alcohol or other commonly gifted inventory can drastically improve margins.
Speed up HR Investigations
HR incidents can happen anywhere, but in semi-private areas like break rooms and inventory storage, the odds are higher. Its easy to fact checking employee customer interactions or find employee complaint incidents with our innovative video search.
Restauranteurs need to place long range cameras close to point of sale kiosks to watch hands, bills, and faces
Manage Employees from Afar
Be able to easily keep track of employee attendance with your access control audit logs and check in on employee productivity with security cameras.
One Login for All Your Locations
Our cloud based platforms allow you to manage multiple location with one login while increasing your cyber security posture and making your security systems easier to manage.
Keep Track of Incident Reports
Solve your evidence tracking and chain of custody problems by utilizing survail vault cloud storage and incident reporting tools.
Responsible Alcohol Service
Restauranteurs need to make sure that alcohol is only being server in legal manners. This means tracking whether or not underage individuals are being served and if visibly drunk customers are being cut off.
Restrict Access to Authorized Personnel
Easily limit access to Staff-only areas, such as storage rooms, Offices or rooms where you keep a safe, and back / side entrances, without worrying about having to rekey after turnover. Limit access by time of day and/or day of week. learn more
Good security has multiple layers that solve different and usually escalating needs. Different incidents have different levels of risk and more severe threats should trigger multiple systems.
Fraud Prevention at the Cashwrap
- Long range cameras, installed close to the cashwrap, strategically placed to watch the POS machines to watch for fraud or hostile customer interactions.
- Despite being short range, long range cameras are preferred for this solution so that you can adjust the viewing angle to get as much pixel density as possible on three things: one the hands of the person giving change, the denomination of funds coming and going, and the face of the person presenting the credit / debit card
- Clarity on employee hands is to prevent slight of hand based theft
- Focus on the denomination of bills going in and out of the register is to watch for errors and prevent disputes related to the cash or change given
- Clarity of the individual's face is to prevent repeat offender credit card fraud
- The blue zones indicate the views of strategically placed varifocal lens cameras.
Shrinkage Reduction and Responsible Alcohol Service at your Bar Area
- Place cameras where alcohol is served so that you can audit whether or not underage individuals are being served and if visibly drunk customers are being cut off.
- Just like the fraud prevention example, you want to watch the POS machines to watch for fraud or hostile customer interactions. one the hands of the person giving change, the denomination of funds coming and going, and the face of the person presenting the credit / debit card
- It is important that you have at least one camera watching the inventory, as drinks being over poured or gifted are the largest forms of shrinkage for most restaurants.
- The blue zone indicate the views of wide angle lens cameras. Bars tend to have transactions anywhere there is seating, so long range cameras are not as beneficial as the POS terminal examples.
Fact Checking Employee Customer Interactions in the Dining Area
- Place cameras so that you can see multiple angles of every customer and server interaction. Often a person's body will interfere with the view of the interaction, so you will need to make sure you have more than viewpoint.
- The blue zone indicate the views of wide angle lens cameras.
- Just like the indoor cashwrap, you also need to be watching for fraud prevention and hostile customer interactions at the drive thru.
- In addition to those needs, you also need to be watching the line for vehicle damage, whether it be by colliding with your building or with other vehicles.
- The blue zones indicate the views of strategically placed, varifocal lens zoomed in cameras.
- Cameras strategically placed in outdoors in areas with entry points, such as doors and windows, can alert your security teams to unwelcome individuals and unauthorized access.
- The red zones indicate the views of strategically placed fixed lens wide angle cameras outdoors.
- Most retailers also tend to have cameras indoors to monitor staff, prevent fraud and shrinkage, and manage employees. These same cameras will be used in case of a break in to escalate emergency response.
- If you're in a mall (or are a mall) often the common areas around your shop (effectively your exterior) are covered by the mall security, as seen in the hover image.
Observe Employee Interactions
- HR incidents can happen anywhere, but in semi-private areas like break rooms and inventory storage, the odds are higher
- Installing cameras in these areas will reduce the rate of incidence and speed up the HR investigate and resolution process
Prevent Unauthorized Access to Back Inventory
- Electronic door locks and bluetooth readers allow you to control access to sensitive areas, like your receiving bays, long term inventory and overstock storage, break rooms or other employee only areas, or more secure cash storage locations
- Administrators can create groups based on job function and shift. It's easy create a group and then limit their access by time of day and/or day of week.
- Access control audit logs can easily replace time clocks.
Network, Cyber, and Application Security
- Our platforms use encryption, inbound connection refusal, automatic software updates, and cloud-based management so your physical security devices are not compromising your cyber security initiatives.
- VPN, MFA, SOC/SIEM, and Endpoint management services also available.
Hardware and Software Solutions
These are the tools that you want to implement to secure your retail shop.
Many retailers choose to layer on additional services to help with maintenance and operations.
Resources for Retail
Retail shops are facing more shrinkage than ever before.
SCW makes it possible to bring all the moving parts together to run a well-oiled machine.
Here are some case studies, guides, and videos that help you make the right choice.Get in Touch
Case Study #1
All SCW camera are compliant with the National Defense Authorization Act. In this NDAA guide, we talk about what the NDAA regulations mean to the security industry.
Video: Success Story
We have the history and expertise your company needs.
For Your IT Team
- Openpath Access Control System is a simple retrofit installation that is easily programmable and maintenance-free.
- SCW cameras are a single cable plug-and-play item that can stretch up tp 750 feet in you combine them with one of our extended transmission POE Switches.
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support. You don't have to do this.
- The Survail Platforms include one-on-one onboarding of devices, networks, and users, before we even ship it to you. There's no complicated setup process.
- The Survail Platform has integrated VLANs and VPNs which reduce network complexity and reduce the IT time spent on device management and securing remote access, when compared to on-premises NVR-based systems.
- The Survail and Openpath platforms Increase your company’s cybersecurity posture and decrease your cyber threat footprint, when compared to non-cloud, on-premesis systems.
- Every camera on one manufacturer-agnostic platform makes employee training infinitely simpler. The UI is so easy to use that other teams don't have to bother IT with every footage request.
- The ready availability of our on-call technical experts means total support for the life of your new system.
For Your Managers
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support.
- Imagine no more need to stare at a screen of security cameras all day! Every camera in your system--without limit--is being analyzed to identify what matters to you most.
- SCW AI-powered analytics software does all the watching for you. The AI-Powered Analytics distinguish individuals and vehicles in an evolving, learning process.
- In less than a second, recognize a potential threat incident and notify pre-selected personnel and first responders by text message, email alert, or automatic phone call.
- All notifications are in real-time. No more valuable minutes are lost. Immediate alerts profoundly alter outcomes.
- Every camera can filter by person, vehicle, camera, date, or time, which means no more endless searching for pertinent footage.
- The AI-Analytics proactively eliminate false positive events and reduce your huge number of current email alerts.
- The secure cloud-based Survail and Openpath platforms offer a lower total-cost-of-ownership by removing the requirements that your IT team worry about enabling and securing remote access to your on-premises hardware and network.
- SCW offers the benefits you want - a system that keeps your educational facility secure without further involvement on from administrators or constant budget expansions.
- Our professional-grade equipment is rugged and performance-driven. Our sophisticated technology is both simple to install and maintain.
- Each component comes with 3 to 5 year warranties and is backed by the support of our US-based technical staff for the lifetime of your security system.
- Our AI-Powered Analytics and easy to use reporting and retention tools mean that you won't have to hire additional staff to manage your system.
With A Modern
Invest In The Best
SCW can protect your inventory and workforce with money-saving time and benefits. And your IT and Security teams will love our US-based technical support. It comes FREE. Forever. World-class customer service and technical support are central to providing you with the best security available, anywhere.