Cannabis Security Challenges:
From safety and compliance in your production facilities to protecting your retail space to complying with regulations regarding storage, camera placement and access control, Cannabis companies have a lot of balls to juggle. In addition, theft, break-ins, and disputes over when pallets have been loaded/shipped out, doesn't just create loss of inventory, but can also completely slow or shut down operations, causing significant harm. In addition, cannabis farms and dispensaries have stringent regulatory requirements for their surveillance systems that differ by state that can be difficult and confusing. We're here to help.
Note: Larger Cannabis companies may want to also look at our Retail category, Logistics category and Food Production category if you utilize multiple properties with independent activities, or if you just want to hone in on those use cases.
Cannabis Grow Op Facilities Operational Challenges:
From safety and compliance to quality control, cannabis grow ops need to keep an eye on their crops. But surveillance video isn't the only thing that needs to be monitored live. Grow Ops need to be able to, at a glance, observe both real world video evidence and temperature, humidity, PH balance, and other data about crop status.
Don't worry, we've got you covered. If it can be displayed on a computer screen or digital television, we can integrate it.
(A Trym integration is shown in image, but we can do this for any application interface).
Key Benefits for SCW Cannabis Clients
Restrict Access to Authorized Personnel
Easily give employees access to building areas on a need-to-access basis. Limit access by time of day and/or day of week. learn more. Controlling Access is a regulatory requirement in nearly all states.
Watch your Perimeter
Long range cameras enable you to detect unwanted or unknown individuals before they cause an incident, as well as reduce theft and vandalism. more info. Observing the perimeter is a regulatory requirement in most states.
Protect Employee and Fleet Parking
Cannabis theft is common. The biggest risks is in your parking lot, when you move product from storage to distribution or cash to deposit. Discourage carjacking, catalytic converter theft, and armed robbery when you are most vulnerable.
Alert Passerby's to the Fact that their Being Watched
Active Deterrence cameras with lights or speakers will alert people that they are being recorded and observed learn more
Keep your eyes on the line: be able to check in on every step of the production process. Observability of the product during all stages of production and storage is a regulatory requirement in nearly all states.
Keep Track of Incident Reports
Solve your evidence tracking and chain of custody problems by utilizing survail vault cloud storage and incident reporting tools. learn more
Reduce Operational costs by using Remote Guards
Rest easy at night. Using our visual verification service will save you thousands, as compared to a 24/7 security guard.
One Login for All Your Locations
Our cloud based platforms allow you to manage multiple location with one login while increasing your cyber security posture and making your security systems easier to manage. Offsite storage is a regulatory requirement in a few states.
Good security has multiple layers that solve different and usually escalating needs. Different incidents have different levels of risk and more severe threats should trigger multiple systems.
Monitor the GrowOp
- Cameras strategically placed to watch all areas of the production facility (require regulation in nearly all states) and a perimeter around the growing location (perimeter distance varies by state regulation).
- The purple zones indicate the views of fixed lens wide angle cameras watching your flower room.
- The blue zones indicate the views of fixed lens wide angle cameras watching your drying, packaging, storage, and office spaces.
- The green zones indicate the views of fixed lens wide angle cameras watching your hallway to confirm that no unauthorized individuals pass from one part of the building to another.
- Bathroom and Locker rooms have an expectation of privacy and should not have cameras.
Protect the Dispensary
- Cameras placed to watch all areas of the retail facility (require regulation in nearly all states) and a perimeter around retail location (perimeter distance varies by state regulation).
- The red zone indicate the views of wide angle lens camera watching the exterior.
- The teal zone indicate the views of wide angle lens camera watching the interior.
- Electronic door locks and bluetooth readers allow you to control access to sensitive areas.
- Administrators can create groups based on job function. For example, office workers could only be given access to enter into their spaces, as seen on the image with the black readers, while production staff could be be given access to enter the flower room or packing room, as seen with the white readers. Meanwhile, management's credentials could bet setup to allow entry to either space.
- Cameras strategically placed in outdoors in areas with entry points, such as doors and windows, can alert your security teams to unwelcome individuals and unauthorized access.
- The blue zones indicate the views of strategically places fixed lens wide angle cameras.
- Long range camera are often also deployed to watch remote assets like gates, parking lots, or ancillary structures
- Administrators can remotely lock down their institution in a variety of emergencies, including active shooter, natural disasters, and unsolicited visitor situations.
Network, Cyber, and Application Security
- Our platforms use encryption, inbound connection refusal, automatic software updates, and cloud-based management so your physical security devices are not compromising your cyber security initiatives.
- VPN, MFA, SOC/SIEM, and Endpoint management services also available.
Hardware and Software Solutions
These are the tools that you want to implement to secure your grow op or dispensary.
Many growops and dispensaries choose to layer on additional services to help with maintenance and operations.
Resources for Cannabis GrowOps and Dispensaries
Manufacturers security is a challenge -- from safety compliance, to regulations about material storage, to
SCW makes it possible to bring all the moving parts together to run a well-oiled machine.
Here are some case studies, guides, and videos that help you make the right choice.Get in Touch
Case Study #1
Sunderstorm needed a unified platform, high quality equipment, and expertise in systems design and installation when the expanded to a second 15,000 sq foot facility.
All SCW camera are compliant with the 2019 National Defense Authorization Act. In this NDAA guide, we talk about what the NDAA regulations mean to the security industry.
Video: Roundtable Discussion
In this episode of "In the Trenches: Roundtable," we discuss the security threats and solutions for the Cannabis Industry.
We have the history and expertise your company needs.
For Your IT Team
- Openpath Access Control System is a simple retrofit installation that is easily programmable and maintenance-free.
- SCW cameras are a single cable plug-and-play item that can stretch up tp 750 feet in you combine them with one of our extended transmission POE Switches.
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support. You don't have to do this.
- The Survail Platforms include one-on-one onboarding of devices, networks, and users, before we even ship it to you. There's no complicated setup process.
- The Survail Platform has integrated VLANs and VPNs which reduce network complexity and reduce the IT time spent on device management and securing remote access, when compared to on-premises NVR-based systems.
- The Survail and Openpath platforms Increase your company’s cybersecurity posture and decrease your cyber threat footprint, when compared to non-cloud, on-premesis systems.
- Every camera on one manufacturer-agnostic platform makes employee training infinitely simpler. The UI is so easy to use that other teams don't have to bother IT with every footage request.
- The ready availability of our on-call technical experts means total support for the life of your new system.
For Chief Security Officers
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support.
- Imagine no more need to stare at a screen of security cameras all day! Every camera in your system--without limit--is being analyzed to identify what matters to you most.
- SCW AI-powered analytics software does all the watching for you. The AI-Powered Analytics distinguish individuals and vehicles in an evolving, learning process.
- In less than a second, recognize a potential threat incident and notify pre-selected personnel and first responders by text message, email alert, or automatic phone call.
- All notifications are in real-time. No more valuable minutes are lost. Immediate alerts profoundly alter outcomes.
- Every camera can filter by person, vehicle, camera, date, or time, which means no more endless searching for pertinent footage.
- The AI-Analytics proactively eliminate false positive events and reduce your huge number of current email alerts.
- The secure cloud-based Survail and Openpath platforms offer a lower total-cost-of-ownership by removing the requirements that your IT team worry about enabling and securing remote access to your on-premises hardware and network.
- SCW offers the benefits you want - a system that keeps your educational facility secure without further involvement on from administrators or constant budget expansions.
- Our professional-grade equipment is rugged and performance-driven. Our sophisticated technology is both simple to install and maintain.
- Each component comes with 3 to 5 year warranties and is backed by the support of our US-based technical staff for the lifetime of your security system.
- Our AI-Powered Analytics and easy to use reporting and retention tools mean that you won't have to hire additional staff to manage your system.
With A Modern
Cannabis Grow Operation
Invest In The Best
Your Cannabis Grow Operation has a gigantic need for high security. SCW can protect it with money-saving time and benefits. And you will love our US-based technical support. It comes FREE. Forever. Our promise of world-class customer service and technical support is central to providing you with the best security available, anywhere.