Production Facility Security Challenges:
From regulatory compliance to monitoring employees remotely to quality control, food production security is real challenge. In addition, theft, break-ins, and damage to property doesn't just create loss of inventory, but can also completely shut down operations, causing significant harm. For food producers, controlling access and having eyes on inventory and production lines is a must.
Note: Larger food producters may have independent structures for logistics and delivery that share a use case in common with the companies in our Logistics category if you just want to hone in on those use cases.
Food Production Facilities Operational Challenges:
From safety and compliance to quality control to industrial refrigeration, food production need to keep an eye on the line. But surveillance video isn't the only thing that needs to be monitored live. Manufacturers need to be able to, at a glance, observe both real world video evidence and service level monitoring, production statistics, machine health diagnostics information, or operational sensor outputs.
Don't worry, we've got you covered. If it can be displayed on a computer screen or digital television, we can integrate it.
(An Ignition systems industrial refrigeration integration is shown in image, but we can do this for any application interface).
Key Benefits for SCW Food Production Clients
Restrict Access to Authorized Personnel
Easily give employees access to building areas on a need-to-access basis. Limit access by time of day and/or day of week. learn more
Watch your Perimeter
Long range cameras enable you to detect unwanted or unknown individuals before they cause an incident, as well as reduce theft and vandalism. more info
Check for Safety Compliance
Management can be alerted when safety rules are not followed, such as our hard hat detection analytic more info
Protect Employee Parking Lots
Production faciliites have a lot of employees who need to park their vehicles. Damage or theft of employee vehicles can create liability and cascading risks to the business, especially in tighter labor markets.
Food Safety Regulation Compliance
Depending on what you are manufacturing, you may be storing dangerous or regulated chemicals or supplies. Access control and audit logs can help you know that only the right employees have access to the right areas
Keep Track of Incident Reports
Solve your evidence tracking and chain of custody problems by utilizing survail vault cloud storage and incident reporting tools. learn more
Keep your eyes on the line: be able to check in on every step of the production process.
Improve Network Cyber Security
Our cloud based platforms increase your cyber security posture and make your security systems easier to manage.
Good security has multiple layers that solve different and usually escalating needs. Different incidents have different levels of risk and more severe threats should trigger multiple systems.
- Cameras strategically placed to watch critical machinery in the production process.
- The blue zones indicate the views of strategically places fixed lens wide angle cameras.
Liability and Risk Reduction: Safety Check
- Suit up! Cameras placed in this zone help assure that all personnel are following property safety equipment protocols before entering the production line.
- The blue zone indicate the views of strategically places wide angle lens camera.
- Electronic door locks and bluetooth readers allow you to control access to sensitive areas.
- Administrators can create groups based on job function. For example, office workers could only be given access to enter into their spaces, as seen on the image with the black readers, while production staff could be be given access to enter the manufacturing floor, as seen with the white readers. Meanwhile, management's credentials could bet setup to allow entry to either space.
- Cameras strategically placed in outdoors in areas with entry points, such as doors and windows, can alert your security teams to unwelcome individuals and unauthorized access.
- The blue zones indicate the views of strategically places fixed lens wide angle cameras.
- Long range camera are often also deployed to watch remote assets like gates, parking lots, or ancillary structures
- Administrators can remotely lock down their institution in a variety of emergencies, including active shooter, natural disasters, and unsolicited visitor situations.
Network, Cyber, and Application Security
- Our platforms use encryption, inbound connection refusal, automatic software updates, and cloud-based management so your physical security devices are not compromising your cyber security initiatives.
- VPN, MFA, SOC/SIEM, and Endpoint management services also available.
Hardware and Software Solutions
These are the tools that you want to implement to secure your food production facility.
Many producers choose to layer on additional services to help with maintenance and operations.
Resources for Food Producers
Food Production security is a challenge -- from safety compliance, to regulations about food safety and cleanliness, to HR.
SCW makes it possible to bring all the moving parts together to run a well-oiled machine.
Here are some case studies, guides, and videos that help you make the right choice.Get in Touch
Case Study #1
Wayne Farms came to SCW seeking a complete security system overhaul for 4 locations, including hardware, design services, and professional installation.
All SCW camera are compliant with the National Defense Authorization Act. In this NDAA guide, we talk about what the NDAA regulations mean to the security industry.
We have the history and expertise your company needs.
For Your IT Team
- Openpath Access Control System is a simple retrofit installation that is easily programmable and maintenance-free.
- SCW cameras are a single cable plug-and-play item that can stretch up tp 750 feet in you combine them with one of our extended transmission POE Switches.
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support. You don't have to do this.
- The Survail Platforms include one-on-one onboarding of devices, networks, and users, before we even ship it to you. There's no complicated setup process.
- The Survail Platform has integrated VLANs and VPNs which reduce network complexity and reduce the IT time spent on device management and securing remote access, when compared to on-premises NVR-based systems.
- The Survail and Openpath platforms Increase your company’s cybersecurity posture and decrease your cyber threat footprint, when compared to non-cloud, on-premesis systems.
- Every camera on one manufacturer-agnostic platform makes employee training infinitely simpler. The UI is so easy to use that other teams don't have to bother IT with every footage request.
- The ready availability of our on-call technical experts means total support for the life of your new system.
For Your Managers
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support.
- Imagine no more need to stare at a screen of security cameras all day! Every camera in your system--without limit--is being analyzed to identify what matters to you most.
- SCW AI-powered analytics software does all the watching for you. The AI-Powered Analytics distinguish individuals and vehicles in an evolving, learning process.
- In less than a second, recognize a potential threat incident and notify pre-selected personnel and first responders by text message, email alert, or automatic phone call.
- All notifications are in real-time. No more valuable minutes are lost. Immediate alerts profoundly alter outcomes.
- Every camera can filter by person, vehicle, camera, date, or time, which means no more endless searching for pertinent footage.
- The AI-Analytics proactively eliminate false positive events and reduce your huge number of current email alerts.
- The secure cloud-based Survail and Openpath platforms offer a lower total-cost-of-ownership by removing the requirements that your IT team worry about enabling and securing remote access to your on-premises hardware and network.
- SCW offers the benefits you want - a system that keeps your educational facility secure without further involvement on from administrators or constant budget expansions.
- Our professional-grade equipment is rugged and performance-driven. Our sophisticated technology is both simple to install and maintain.
- Each component comes with 3 to 5 year warranties and is backed by the support of our US-based technical staff for the lifetime of your security system.
- Our AI-Powered Analytics and easy to use reporting and retention tools mean that you won't have to hire additional staff to manage your system.
With A Modern
Food Production Facility
Invest In The Best
SCW can protect your production operation and workforce with money-saving time and benefits. And your IT and Security teams will love our US-based technical support. It comes FREE. Forever.World-class customer service and technical support are central to providing you with the best security available, anywhere.