Car Wash Security Challenges:
Self or Automatic Car Wash companies have security challenges, too. From maintaining clean logs of vehicle damage to knowing when accidents happen, detailing companies need to prevent disrupted operations, loss in revenue, and costly liability claims.
Key Benefits for SCW Car Wash Clients
Liability Risk Reduction
False claims of vehicles damaged by machines or accidents while being cleaned can become very costly for car washes.
Active Deterrence cameras with lights or speakers will alert people that they are being recorded and observed.
Simple to Use
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
Fair pricing on hardware means that we'll keep you under budget. Centralized cloud-based management platforms take Device Management, Firmware updates, VPN Setup and management, VLAN setup and management, and Remote Access Security off your plate and lower your TCO
One Login for All Your Locations
Our cloud based platforms allow you to manage multiple location with one login while increasing your cyber security posture and making your security systems easier to manage.
Keep Track of Incident Reports
Solve your evidence tracking and chain of custody problems by utilizing survail vault cloud storage and incident reporting tools. learn more
Site Design and Install Services
Being off-site can be hard. You're not alone. Our team can help consult, design, plan, install, and maintain your system.
Improve Network Cyber Security
Our cloud based platforms increase your cyber security posture and make your security systems easier to manage.
Good security has multiple layers that solve different and usually escalating needs. Different incidents have different levels of risk and more severe threats should trigger multiple systems.
Liability Risk Reduction - Self Service or Touchless Car Wash
- False claims of customer vehicle damage are a persistent problem for car washes, how you deal with it is a bit different for both self service and automatic car washes. This section deals with the self-service model.
- Areas where customer vehicles enter cleaning should also have cameras that capture all sides of the vehicle, so the customer's vehicle condition before cleaning can be documented.
- Areas where customer vehicles exit cleaning should also have cameras that capture all sides of the vehicle, so the customer's vehicle condition after cleaning can be documented.
- The red zones indicate the views of cameras watching the car as it is cleaned.
- The yellow zones indicate the views of cameras watching the vehicle enter and exit the car wash.
Liability Risk Reduction - Automatic Car Wash
- False claims of customer vehicle damage are a persistent problem for car washes, how you deal with it is a bit different for both self service and automatic car washes. This section deals with the automatic car wash model.
- Automatic car washes require more cameras than self-service, as they have higher liability risk. To help understand their use, we have labeled them with numbers.
- Just like with self-service, areas where customer vehicles enter cleaning should also have cameras that capture all sides of the vehicle, so the customer's vehicle condition before cleaning can be documented, however the both limited space and the increased need for detail mean you need more cameras to accomplish the same thing, as the cameras can't mounted further away. You can see this in the image by the cameras numbered 22-25.
- Just like with self-service, areas where customer vehicles exit cleaning should also have cameras that capture all sides of the vehicle, so the customer's vehicle condition after cleaning can be documented. You can see this in the image by the cameras numbered 26-31.
- Cameras 10 -13 are watching the equipment room. Autonomous car washes have significantly greater investment in machinery, which means you want to watch them more closely for vandalism. You may also want to check in on them to make sure that they are operating effectively.
- Cameras 15 -21 are watching the equipment as it operates. This both allows you to know if machinery is improperly functioning but also gives you a clear cause if vehicle damage does occur and the machine needs to be repaired - saving the entire investigate process and limiting the damage (and expense) of a malfunctioning machine.
Building and Machinery Vandalism
- The same cameras that are watching for vehicle status also help protect your car was from vandalism.
- The red zones indicate the views of cameras inside the cleaning areas.
- The yellow and blue zones deter damage to the pump room, vacuum islands, and your signage.
- The "Liability - Automatic" tab also has some advice related to the additional machinery present with automatic car washes.
- Not all car washes have parking, if your does, you will want to have some coverage of that area.
- It is no coincident that the two most dangerous locations in any city are the police parking garage and the hospital parking area. Parking lots are always higher crime areas. You'll want to protect your customers.
- You also want to store the footage so that you have documentation to solve customer disputes about fender benders or small accidents, quickly, and without blame being directed at your machinery.
Network, Cyber, and Application Security
- Our platforms use encryption, inbound connection refusal, automatic software updates, and cloud-based management so your physical security devices are not compromising your cyber security initiatives.
- VPN, MFA, SOC/SIEM, and Endpoint management services also available.
Hardware and Software Solutions
These are the tools that you want to implement to secure your car wash.
Many car wash companies choose to layer on additional services to help with maintenance and operations.
Resources for Car Wash Companies
Car Wash security is a challenge-- you have to document the state of the vehicle before and after cleaning to prevent frivolous lawsuits and you have to prevent vandalism to your machinery, vacuum(s), and pump(s).
SCW makes it possible to bring all the moving parts together to run a clean machine.
Here are some case studies, guides, and videos that help you make the right choice.Get in Touch
Case Study #1
All SCW camera are compliant with the National Defense Authorization Act. In this NDAA guide, we talk about what the NDAA regulations mean to the security industry.
Video: Success Story
Video: Roundtable Discussion
We have the history and expertise your auto dealer needs.
For Your IT Team
- Openpath Access Control System is a simple retrofit installation that is easily programmable and maintenance-free.
- SCW cameras are a single cable plug-and-play item that can stretch up tp 750 feet in you combine them with one of our extended transmission POE Switches.
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support. You don't have to do this.
- The Survail Platforms include one-on-one onboarding of devices, networks, and users, before we even ship it to you. There's no complicated setup process.
- The Survail Platform has integrated VLANs and VPNs which reduce network complexity and reduce the IT time spent on device management and securing remote access, when compared to on-premises NVR-based systems.
- The Survail and Openpath platforms Increase your company’s cybersecurity posture and decrease your cyber threat footprint, when compared to non-cloud, on-premesis systems.
- Every camera on one manufacturer-agnostic platform makes employee training infinitely simpler. The UI is so easy to use that other teams don't have to bother IT with every footage request.
- The ready availability of our on-call technical experts means total support for the life of your new system.
For Your General Managers
- Both the Survail and Openpath Platforms include free and ongoing training and support.
- Imagine no more need to stare at a screen of security cameras all day! Every camera in your system--without limit--is being analyzed to identify what matters to you most.
- SCW AI-powered analytics software does all the watching for you. The AI-Powered Analytics distinguish individuals and vehicles in an evolving, learning process.
- In less than a second, recognize a potential threat incident and notify pre-selected personnel and first responders by text message, email alert, or automatic phone call.
- All notifications are in real-time. No more valuable minutes are lost. Immediate alerts profoundly alter outcomes.
- Every camera can filter by person, vehicle, camera, date, or time, which means no more endless searching for pertinent footage.
- The AI-Analytics proactively eliminate false positive events and reduce your huge number of current email alerts.
For Your Car Wash Owners and Investors
- The secure cloud-based Survail and Openpath platforms offer a lower total-cost-of-ownership by removing the requirements that your IT team worry about enabling and securing remote access to your on-premises hardware and network.
- SCW offers the benefits you want - a system that keeps your car wash secure without further involvement on from management or constant budget expansions.
- Our professional-grade equipment is rugged and performance-driven. Our sophisticated technology is both simple to install and maintain.
- Each component comes with 3 to 5 year warranties and is backed by the support of our US-based technical staff for the lifetime of your security system.
- Our AI-Powered Analytics and easy to use reporting and retention tools mean that you won't have to hire additional staff to manage your system.
With A Modern
Invest In The Best
Running a Car Wash requires careful consideration of vehicle before and after videos. SCW can protect your revenue streams while providing money-saving time and benefits. And your IT and Security personnel will love our US-based technical support. It comes FREE. Forever. Our promise of world-class customer service and technical support is central to providing you with the best security available, anywhere.